Unit price per
Our dried cherries are a sweet, tart, and flavorful treat that is great for snacking, cooking, and baking. These cherries are rich in antioxidants and nutrients that support heart health and reduce inflammation. Try out our sour cherries straight out of the bag, in trail mix, or in baked goods. These dried cherries are lightly sweetened.
Dried cherries have an incredible sweet and tangy flavor that we like to enjoy by the handful. Here are some other delicious ways to eat them:
- Baked goods: Add a 1/2 cup of dried sour cherries to the batter for cookies, scones, muffins, breads and more. The cherries are especially delicious alongside nuts and dark chocolate chips in baked goods.
- Granola and Trail Mix: Give your granola and trail mix snacks a cheery cherry makeover by adding a scoop of dried cherries to the mix. The tangy flavor will really bring your afternoon snacks to the next level.
- Yogurt and Oatmeal: Sprinkle dried cherries over your morning bowl of oatmeal or yogurt parfait. They make a delicious topping for hot cereal, Greek yogurt, frozen yogurt and more.
- Cheese Platter: Just like other dried fruits, these dried cherries are simply exquisite paired with fresh cheeses and accompanied by a glass of red or sparkling wine.
- Savory Dishes: The naturally sweet and tangy flavor of dried cherries makes them a versatile ingredient in green salads, pasta salads, vegetable dishes, and more. They can even be incorporated into poultry dishes for a subtle hint of sweetness.
1. Supports Overall Health: In addition to being rich in vitamins such as, potassium, vitamin C, and B complex, research has shown that cherry consumption can help the body prevent heart disease and cancer, as well as provide pain relief and improved bone health. These health benefits are possible due to the antioxidants found in cherries, the most vital of which are the flavonoids anthocyanins and quercetin, and the phenolic acid amygdalin.
2. Heart-Protective: According to researchers, a flavonoid found in cherries that has anticarcinogenic properties called quercetin can help to prevent heart disease. Dried cherries are considered a nutritionally significant source of quercetin, containing large quantities per serving that surpass most fruits.
3. Promotes Better Sleep: If you’re having trouble sleeping at night, eating a handful of dried cherries in the hours before bedtime can help. Researchers suggest that the combination of melatonin and tryptophan found in cherries promotes a good night’s sleep. They concluded that cherries are a safe alternative for insomniacs relying on sleeping pills.
4. Anti-Inflammatory: Anthocyanins found in dried sour cherries also block inflammatory enzymes, reducing pain. In fact, 20 cherries are 10 times as potent as aspirin and have positive effects on gout and arthritis pain.
5. Strong Bones: Dried cherries are also considered to be excellent sources of boron, providing 396 ug/100g. Boron consumption, coupled with calcium and magnesium has been linked to increased bone health.